How Artificial Intelligence (AI) is Revolutionizing Our Way of Living
Staying up to date with all the technological advances and innovations offered in the market can take some time and get us out of our comfort zone for a moment.
Whether it is for your home or your office, AI can really improve the way we live with all the advantages that it provides in automating trivial daily activities that don’t require our full attention since we can rely on these new gadgets that are designed especially to support human living.
What Is AI and How Can It Support You With Daily Chores?
Artificial intelligence refers to the development of intelligent machines that are designed to mimic human intelligence. Digital algorithms rule AI machines and their ability to make decisions based on digital data, mechanical sensors, and human feedback.
Engineers create smart machines with AI capabilities that take action based on data, fed to them from various sources. Blenders and calculators are examples of passive devices with predetermined, predictable operations. AI machines make operational decisions based on real-time data, and prove to be amazingly intelligent since they study and solve problems. These devices have the potential to change human lives by enhancing the way we do things and live.
Once we’ve gotten past the learning process and grasp how AI machines can help, we’ll be able to take advantage of and rely on their amazing functionalities for all kinds of tasks we want to avoid doing ourselves. And we will enjoy a higher quality of service that promises to make life more comfortable and entertaining.
AI Virtual Assistants
AI personal assistants, also known as digital or virtual assistants, or intelligent personal assistants, provide a variety of services to users. Some popular options available in the market nowadays are Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, Jibo, and Cortana.
Virtual personal assistants work with a natural language interface that allows the user to make voice commands or request information, and the AI assistant can provide answers or perform tasks indicated by the user, such as:
- Siri, find me the nearest Italian restaurant
- Is it forecasted to rain today?
- Alexa, please schedule to start brewing coffee tomorrow at 7:30 am
If that’s not already super practical, you can also pair your virtual assistant to other AI devices in your home, so you can control them just by asking Siri or Alexa with a voice command. And with every new generation of these AI assistants, they continuously get better and upgrade their capabilities to make our lives easier.
AI Devices in the Kitchen
Even if you enjoy cooking, a significant number of kitchen activities can be tedious and time-consuming. Luckily for us, there are a great number of devices and gadgets that can perform those tasks for us, from setting up a cooking timer with a voice order to start the dishwasher while you take care of other more important activities around the home.
If you are interested in knowing more about how AI can help you ease the load of the daily chores we hate the most, continue reading, and consider that every brand offers different functionalities and features; check those out before deciding which one to get for yourself.
Any refrigerator can keep food fresh, but a smart refrigerator offers a lot more than that. Starting with the possibility to connect the fridge to other devices to be able to:
- Check the inside of your fridge with your phone
- Save the dietary preferences of each member of the family
- Create shopping lists and order online
- Check recipes on the internet with its built-in screen
- Receive notifications when you are running out of ice, milk or eggs
A smart kitchen hub can convey many practical advantages since you can link other smart devices in the home with the smart hub, so you can:
- Video Chat with friends and family, and check out recipes at the same time with its two built-in cameras
- Manage your home from there, from controlling your lighting to brewing coffee.
- Streaming shows using your favorite apps
- Browse recipes and get directions
With a smart stove in your kitchen, you can:
- Control stove with voice commands to AI assistant
- Adjust the temperature with your phone or smart device
- Turn the oven on or off remotely, and set temperature, preheat or start cooking.
With this Wi-Fi integrated Instant pot, you can cook from afar since you can:
- Pair it with your mobile phone
- Control and adjust cooking times
- Check meal progress from your phone
- Receive notifications about the cooking meal
- Program turn on and turn off times
Smart Air Fryer
With this smart Wi-Fi air fryer, you’ll be able to make healthier meals in no time, the easiest way ever, since it lets you:
- Connect to a mobile device through Apps
- Control with your virtual personal assistant
- Monitor meal progress remotely
- Find recipes online
Precision Cooker with App
If you are a perfectionist, this device will be your best ally in the kitchen since it allows you to make sure you don’t overcook anything. With it, you can:
- Pair the device with your mobile phone and control settings from there
- Set up cooking times and temperature required
- Schedule turn off time
Smart Pan Stirrer
For all those recipes that call stirring continuously, save yourself the tired arm by using a smart pan stirrer that allows you to:
- Control it remotely
- Set a timer for stirring
- Adjust the speed from your phone
A Wi-Fi enabled microwave oven will allow you to bring your fast cooking to the next level with these terrific features:
- Pairing your microwave oven with your cell phone, smart hub and AI assistant
- The possibility to control it with a voice command
- The ability to check on food from your cell with its built-in cameras
IoT Coffee Maker
It’s never been easier to make coffee in the mornings and save some precious time. With a smart coffee maker, you can:
- Connect to your smartphone, and start brewing with the touch of a button
- Ask your AI assistant to schedule tomorrow’s time for brewing
- Ask the assistant to start brewing at the moment with a voice command
Smart Trash Scanner
With a smart trash scanner, you will be able to:
- Scan bar codes of disposed of items
- Start a shopping list with discarded items
- Determining recyclability of items
- Sending you the shopping list to order online
Dishwashers, in general, are meant to save time, but with a smart dishwasher, everything becomes even more comfortable and faster since you can:
- Adjust settings from your cell phone
- Schedule starting time remotely
- Supervise cycles from your phone
- Get notified when the washing cycle is done or if any problems arise
Automatic Touchless Soap Dispenser
In a post-covid era, it is essential to reduce the spread of germs and bacteria, and anything touchless is greatly appreciated; this device allows you to:
- Have soap dispensed with motion sensors
- Adjust switches for comfort
AI for Home Cleaning
Nowadays, we can rely on AI devices’ functionalities for home cleaning activities while working from home or while having a cup of tea with friends since these appliances are great at performing the work they were designed to do.
These robots do a broom’s job; they are made with sensors that fine dust and dirt on the floor. This device can:
- Pair whit your phone trough apps
- Schedule brooming times from app
- Find and clean dirt on the floor
- Sense obstacles on the floor
Sanitized floors have never been more important, the good news is that we can rely on robots to do the job and reduce the stress of cleaning continuously, these robots can:
- Spray sanitizing liquid on the floor with precision
- Loosen dirt with its sweeping vibrating functionality
- Sense carpets with its in-built obstacle sensors
- Be controlled with an App
Skipping vacuuming chores is not the exception; there are many different vacuuming robot options out there; some of the most robust models have features such as:
- Wi-Fi connectivity to link with mobile devices
- Pairing with AI assistants
- The possibility of scheduling vacuuming times
- Remotely monitored and controlled
A lawn mowing robot can save you the physical strain of standing under the sun on a hot day of summer just to keep your lawn well maintained and your landscape looking good. Choose a robot that includes:
- Obstacle sensors (so it can skip flower beds, trees, pets, etc)
- Anti-theft alarm
- Rain sensors
- Wifi-enabled so you can pair it with your phone
- Notifications functionality
Relying on AI devices to perform countless tasks at home and work can be a real blessing, and if that’s not enough reason for you to turn to AI, consider that most of these devices are designed to be environmentally friendly since they save energy and in turn, help lessen the carbon footprint that we leave on the planet.
As a tech enthusiast and creative individual, my blog Living Smarter offers tips on tech, name ideas, and gaming. I collaborate with companies and individuals to share expertise in various genres and platforms.About the author.